>From my 45+years in gliding I personally believe people want to learn and
they want to learn *NOW *and time restraints are far more important than the
bright sleek glass ship in our president article.  Take a look at RAAus
10000+ members- People get to fly within 15 minutes arrival at airfield.

The $30 for AEF to GFA is sure a large - Personally I would not mind as much
if say people under 25 got it for $15.  I do know GFA have a special deal
with AAFC so why not all young people. .Despite this huge initial charge and
no 3months Student Membership of GFA I am very encouraged the number of
young people learning to fly in past say 18 month- there is a ray of hope
out there.

And as for CASA - As old Jack Iggulden would say we know and understand
gliding CASA (or DCA as he always called them) do not

Just a thought

Ian McPhee
0428847642