From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Jarek
Mosiejewski
Sent: Sunday, 8 September 2013 9:20 PM
To: 'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Cambridge 20 problem

Hi,

I've already emailed Ian McPhee about this but perhaps someone has an idea
what could be the problem.

-          No trace in the Cambridge recorder.

-          The PDA connected to the Cambridge recorded the flight (WinPilot)
but with the date of 23/01/1994.

-          In flight, I experienced some strange final glide and L/D
required calculation by WinPilot.

-          The barogram when loaded to SeeYou appears as a series of
up-and-downs of about 200+ ft. vertical range:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=3375473
(the flight is invalid because I manually changed the HFDTE record to the
actual flight date)

-          HFFXA100 record - fix accuracy is 100m, should it be better than
this?

I've checked the internal battery voltage, Cambridge Aero Explorer reports
3.0V.

I've been using this instrument for a few years but never seen anything like
this.

Regards

Jarek