Perhaps Geoff Sim or other motorcycle enthusiasts may know of brake shops that still reline drum brakes for classic bikes. I've had a couple of different bike shops in California turn glider drum brakes into something capable of putting an LS4, LS6 or Libelle on the nose. The brake shops reline with good shoe material, clean up the drum, and arc the shoes for maximum contact. Usually glider drum brakes get about 35-40% contact before, but 85-90% after the mod.
Jim