Hello all,

For all of our fellow APNIC members as you may or may not be aware, an
important vote is currently taking place. This vote is critical to protecting
the governance of APNIC, and to protect its integrity supporting over 9000
members, over another 10,000 indirect members (through NIRs) as well as the
countless millions of people who rely on the internet today.

The APNIC Proposed By-law Reform 2023 contains some of the most important
changes to the APNIC By-laws that have been put forward to date. These proposed
reforms can be found here on the APNIC website
(https://www.apnic.net/about-apnic/organization/structure/proposed-by-law-reform-2023/#proposedreforms),
 however, in short they are:

  *   Resolution 1 - A resolution to introduce new eligibility criteria for
nominees in Executive Council elections,
  *   Resolution 2 - A resolution to preserve the independence and geographic
representation of the Executive Council,
  *   Resolution 3 - A resolution to prevent individuals involved in litigation
against APNIC from being nominees in Executive Council elections,
  *   Resolution 4 - A resolution to limit the control one organisation (or
corporate group) can have on the Executive Council, and
  *   Resolution 5 - A resolution to introduce a new independent body, the
Electoral Committee, to have oversight of nominee eligibility and conduct in
Executive Council elections.

These resolutions were proposed by Karl Kloppenborg, shared far and wide, and
were drafted in response to community feedback APNIC received during the last
EC election in March this year. They are designed to protect, strengthen and
support not only the EC and APNIC members, but the wider internet community as
a whole. It is important that each APNIC member uses their vote (and in turn
their voice) to vote in favor of these resolutions and to be heard on these
important matters pertaining to the security of APNIC and its ability to
service the Asia-Pacific region. Please, don't just vote for the sake of voting
or because I am asking you to. Read through the proposed reforms, gain an
understanding of their wording and how they affect the by-laws and then cast
your vote.

Voting closes on Thursday, 14 September 2023 at 14:30 (UTC+9:00), which is
15:30 this Thursday in Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne, 15:00 in Adelaide and 13:30
in Perth. I implore you to please use your voice and cast your vote as the
stability of APNIC may very well depend on it. Should you have any questions,
please feel free to reach out to me either on or off-list, or via iMessage
(ch...@thesysadmin.dev) for those who are use Apple iOS devices.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker