I'm going through and methodically actioning the great feedback on this essay.

I've rewritten the first 2 introduction sections to, be more pointed, in line with feedback. I'd love another review if you have the time.

Joel,

You are right to call out Government and Open Street Map licenses as an anti-pattern to collaboration, and I think it is worthy of a blog post on its own. If mapping agencies such as PSMA are not able to share their data with the biggest open source geospatial community then we should revisit government's approach. I also agree that it is too much detail for this particular article, but should be something we follow up on.

Warm regards, Cameron