On 9/22/16 4:59 AM, Austin Group Bug Tracker wrote:

>> Last, for portable scripts blank detection is currently not
> locale-dependant.
>> For tokenization only the SPC and TAB code points count, as the default
>> members of the blank charclass. Recognizing additional members of a
> locale's
>> blank charclass is undefined behavior. Adding default members from
> ISO-646 is
>> possible, but not likely.
>
> What makes you say that? IIRC both bash and yash explicitely made their
> tokenisation locale dependant for POSIX compliance. (I do agree it's not
> desirable though)

2.3 Token Recognition, rule 8:

"If the current character is an unquoted <blank>, any token containing the
previous character is delimited and the current character shall be
discarded."

<blank> is defined in 3.74 as

"One of the characters that belong to the blank character class as defined
via the LC_CTYPE category in the current locale. In the POSIX locale, a

So unless you say that portable scripts are restricted to the POSIX locale,
which you may be saying, blank detection during tokenization depends on the
current locale.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    c...@case.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/