All
Enclosed are the minutes from yesterdays call. Our next meeting is Sept 14
regards
Andrew
-----

Minutes of the 31st August 2017 Teleconference     Austin-835 Page 1 of 1
Submitted by Andrew Josey, The Open Group. 1st September 2017

Attendees:
    Don Cragun, IEEE PASC OR
    Joerg Schilling, FOKUS Fraunhofer
    Andrew Josey, The Open Group
    David Clissold, IBM
    Nick Stoughton, USENIX, ISO/IEC OR
    Eric Blake, Red Hat
    Martin Rehak, Oracle, The Open Group OR
    Mark Ziegast, SHware Systems (30 mins late)

Apologies:
    Geoff Clare, The Open Group
    Richard Hansen, Google

* General news
We discussed the IEEE ballot status - 65% return, no negative votes, 4 comments
related to RFCs.
We will need to make an impact assessment of the suggested changes to see if
they impact the
main body text. We may need to defer them all to Issue 8. Andrew will take the
action to investigate.
Andrew also took an action to send a reminder to the ballot group as we need to
get 75% return.

* Outstanding actions

( Please note that this section has been flushed to shorten the minutes -
to locate the previous set of outstanding actions, look to the minutes
from 28 Jan 2016)

Bug 0000249: Add standard support for $'...' in shell   Reopened
http://austingroupbugs.net/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=249
We will return to bug 249 on a future call.

Bug 0000953: Alias expansion is under-specified   Was Accepted as Marked
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=953
Richard has an action to propose new wording to discuss in a future telecon.

* Current Business

Two items from previous weeks are still open:

Bug 1061: Please add memmem() (and maybe wmemmem())  OPEN
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1061

Bug 1053: Add a "size" mode to stty(1)         OPEN
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1053
This remains open.

Bug 1151: Introduce new signal SIGWINCH and functions tcsetsize(), tcgetsize()
to get/set terminal window size OPEN
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1151
As the action had been completed, we continued discussion on this item, notes
were taken in the etherpad, we will continue next time.

Bug 1063: missing specification for sh -h        OPEN
http://austingroupbugs.net/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=1063

We have started on this item and need to continue next time.

Next Steps
----------
The next call is on September 14th, 2017 (a Thursday)

Apologies in advance :
    Eric Blake (2017-09-14)
    Nick Stoughton (2017-09-14)

Calls are anchored on US time. (8am Pacific)

This call will be for the regular 90 minutes.

http://austingroupbugs.net

An IRC channel will be available for the meeting
irc://irc.freenode.net/austingroupbugs

An etherpad is usually up for the meeting, with a URL using the date format as
below:

https://posix.rhansen.org/p/201x-mm-dd
username=posix password=2115756#

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England
Tel:+44 118 9023044

I’m Giving Back at the London Half Marathon Walk Sep 23rd 2017
https://www.justgiving.com/teams/openforkids