hi Keld , all

> On 12 Jan 2018, at 21:23, k...@keldix.com wrote:
>
> How can it be the final text for IEEE when ths has not been balloted
> in ISO (and to my knowledge not in the Open Group either)?
>
> best regards
> keld

Its an administrative rollup revision purely since the IEEE edition of the
standard was due to timeout this year, and we did not have time to finish the
full revision that we have planned (expected to complete 2020/2021).

The rollup revision is technically identical down to the line numbers, so POSIX
1003.1-2017 = ISO/IEC 9945:2009 plus the two technical corrigenda.

The plan was noted in the 2017 project editor report
http://www.opengroup.org/austin/docs/austin_826.txt

We need to discuss with the ISO/IEC SC22 ORs whether there is a wish to ballot
such a rollup at ISO/IEC.

At The Open Group a resolution to adopt the resulting publication into The Open
Group Standards Information Base has been submitted.
We instructed IEEE not to submit the publication down the PSDO route to ISO/IEC.

regards
Andrew

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England
Tel:+44 118 9023044