As a general rule, we do try to work in ascending order through the open
issues on Mantis. However, there are some exceptions to this:

   - Sometimes issues are left pending until later, waiting for some action
   item to be resolved. When we get a response to that action, we will return
   to that issue.
   - If there is someone new on the call, he or she can always ask for a
   specific item to be addressed first.
   - An issue that has been the topic of intense debate on this list may be
   discussed when the debate is winding down (and the issue is still fresh in
   our minds).
   - An issue recently resolved but reopened by discussion either on this
   list or by a new comment submitted.
   - Discussing one issue may lead us to submit new issues on related
   subjects that might then be taken out of order, or might lead us to revisit
   a previous issue

So, this week we worked through issues 1074, 1075 and started on 1076. Next
week we will pick up on 1076 (cancelation points), and if we resolve that,
the next most likely issue is 1077 (Recommend support for wide-character
regcomp and regexec and/or specify multi-byte behavior) [which is likely to
be either a long discussion, or will be deferred, so we will go on to 1078].

You can also request one of the three Organizational Representatives (me <
nickstough...@gmail.com>, Don Cragun <dcra...@sonic.net>, or Martin Rehak)
to bring any given issue to the front of the queue, and it will be
discussed at the next opportunity.

--
Nick Stoughton, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 OR

P.S. One point to note for submitters of issues such as 1077 is that the
more detail there is in the desired action, the more likely we will be able
to resolve the issue to the submitter's satisfaction. The following text is
from SD6, the document describing the Austin Group procedures:

The Austin Group is not a development body for new material apart from

integration issues arising from the merger of the approved standards

that were the Base documents into the revision.

The Austin Group expects to take a similar approach for a future revision.

Thus if a defect report raises the possibility of new interfaces

for inclusion, the standard response will be that it is out of scope

for either a TC or Interpretation, and that if the new material were

to meet the some criteria it may be considered for inclusion in a

future revision subject to the agreed scope determined at that time,

although there is no guarantee.

The recommended criteria for development of new interfaces to enable

them to be considered for inclusion in a future revision are as follows:

1.There must be a written specification that has undergone a formal

consensus based approval process and is suitable for inclusion.

Parties interested in submitting new work items through one of the

three organizations within the Austin Group (The Open Group, IEEE, ISO/IEC)

should contact the appropriate Organizational Representative for further

information and advice on how each organization handles new work items.

Submissions from other organizations will also be considered.

Items 2 through 4 below apply to all submissions regardless of

origin.

2.There must be an implementation, preferably a reference implementation.

3.The specification must be "sponsored" by one of three organizations

(The Open Group, IEEE, ISO/IEC) within the Austin Group, i.e. they would

support and champion its inclusion.

4.Submitters must provide an outline plan of the editing instructions to

merge the document with the Austin Group specifications, and assistance

to the Austin Group editors as required to complete the merger.