Date:        Thu, 12 Apr 2018 09:24:51 +0100
    From:        Geoff Clare <g...@opengroup.org>

  | Bug 985 moves the detail from the current 2.13 into the fnmatch()
  | description and makes 2.13 refer to fnmatch().

Oh - I did not read all of it all that carefully - just the actual descriptions
of how it was to work.

I see no problem with that approach though -- that was what I intended
to say before I read the (old, TC2) fnmatch() page.

Both the shell, and the function, should act the same - if they don't the
function isn't nearly as useful.   Given that having the description in one,
and referring to it from the other seems appropriate, and I don't see that
it matters much which way it is done.

And yes, in particular if a [a\-c] means a class with the three chars 'a' '-'
and 'c' in it in sh it should mean that in fnmatch() as well, or if that
pattern means a class with 8 chars (0x5c .. 0x63) with 'a' there 2 ways,
in fnmatch() then it should mean that in sh as well.

On the other hand, having sh allow '' and "" quoting in addition to \ quoting
while not supporting that in fnmatch() is possible using a technique like
that in what was intended to be the 985 resolution - just provided that it
handles all of the cases correctly.

kre