Drew DeVault <s...@cmpwn.com> wrote, on 05 Sep 2018:

> On 2018-09-05  8:18 AM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> > Copying David on the thread. David, do you have some time to look over
> > this proposal for the POSIX shell?
>
> My email to David bounced and I don't have a better address for him.
> Does anyone else have a way of getting in touch?

As discussed in yesterday's call, it seems unlikely that we will get
any input from David.

So the options are to try and get input from someone else who works
on ksh93 (e.g. Glenn Fowler?) or just to proceed with what we have
already.

I think the main question we were hoping for input on is whether
it is worth standardising pipefail without support for arrays.
Since kre reported in bugnote 4102 that he added pipefail to the
NetBSD sh and it does not support arrays, it seems we have our
answer on that one.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England