--- Andrew Makhorin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Earnie,
>
> I'm writing to thank you for your help.

You're very welcome.

> I thought that there is full compatibility between GNU/Linux and Cygwin.
> Probably I was wrong. (I'm a novice in GNU/Linux as well as in Cygwin and
> many things are mysterious for me.)

That can never happen due to the differences in the filesystems and security
mechanisms.

> I'll try to resolve this problem by myself.

Feel free to ask questions.  That's how we learn.  Make sure you look at the
cygwin mailing list archives.  As I said, you're example worked for me so it's
probably the line ending formats of the file.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>