Howard Chu wrote:
Paul Eggert wrote:
"Ilya N. Golubev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Have no systems with broken `return' at hand,

That's the fundamental problem.  These systems are _ancient_ -- they
all predate C89 -- and they are so old that nobody uses them any more.

As I recall when porting a number of packages to OS/390 and z/OS, all of configure's conftests failed using "return" (SEGV) and I had to change them all to "exit"...

Hmm, mainframes? I want to say VMS also uses 'return 1' for success (or maybe it even needs exit; I'm not the one that has to deal with our VMS systems). But as I recall VMS doesn't have a POSIX shell either. Is there any VMS support that anyone is worried about?

--
Matthew
"Try to bring it back in one piece this time." -- Q (MI6)



_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf

Reply via email to