On 09/12/11 11:17, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
> this is due to the fact
> that the Debian korn shell is apparently killing itself (yikes!) with the
> same signal that killed the child process:

That's actually a fairly standard trick, one that I've seen in
other programs.  The idea is that the invoking process should
exit with the same status as the invoked process,
even if the invoked process failed due to a signal.
So my current guess is that that's why the Korn shell is
doing what it's doing.

It's just that this trick doesn't work for the shell itself,
at least, it doesn't always work in the presence of traps.