On Sunday 17 Mar 2013 20:39:25 Rhys Ulerich wrote:
> > How can I achieve this with autoconf? I mean: I know how to write a test
> > like
> >
> > AC_CHECK_HEADER(superlu/slu_util.h, foo, bar),
> >
> > but how do I obtain (in 'foo') the path relative to which the file
> > superlu/slu_util.h was found?
>
> Use the optional third and forth arguments. Run the macro several times
> checking for a different prefix each time. Keep track of which one
> succeeds. Fail only if all checks fail.

Dear Rhys,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

That is a bit disappointing, though: it generates a lot of extra work for the
configure.ac author, only to find out what autoconf already knows: where it
could find a particular header file. It will also make the scripts less
robust.

Am I overlooking something? Is there a technical reason why that information
cannot be.communicated to the user? If not, I suppose I could file a feature
request.

Thanks again, Jan.