LRN <lrn1...@gmail.com> writes:

> However, -L/root/lib and -I/root/include are hardcoded, and thus are
> completely wrong (and potentially dangerous, if the system where cloog
> is deployed has /root/include and/or /root/lib directories.

> Is this an AX_CREATE_PKGCONFIG_INFO feature, or cloog does something
> wrong?

The various versions of AX_CREATE_PKGCONFIG_INFO that I've seen all do
things that I consider rather dodgy, such as putting the entire contents
of CFLAGS into the pkgconfig file (including any user-supplied CFLAGS at
configure time and including optimization flags).  I suspect this is
similar.  I'm not sure if there's a newer version of the macro available
that's less aggressive about copying the *entire* build configuration into
the pkgconfig file, but in the meantime I've preferred to construct my
pkgconfig files using sed from Makefile.am so that I have more control
over exactly what goes into them.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>