Bob Rossi <b...@brasko.net> writes:
> I'm creating a new project and using autotools. I've done this
> before, but for some reason this time I've noticed how many files
> autotools creates. It totally pollutes the top level of my project.

Heh.... Autoconf/automake are positively restrained and minimalist
compared to gnulib!  [Which creates vast quantities of fileş with no
particular pattern, some of which are source files (and so must be
included in the project), others of which are dev/build-time
trash... even writing a .gitignore file for a gnulib'd project is
a hugely fiddly and frustrating exercise...]

-miles

--
Resign, v. A good thing to do when you are going to be kicked out.