On 01/22/2018 09:55 AM, Victor Porton wrote:
> I am writing a software for Linux/Unix which could benefit from
> execvpe() C function.
>
> But this function is defined only when -D_GNU_SOURCE.
>
> Question 1: Should I ALWAYS use -D_GNU_SOURCE for compiler options no
> matter what are user options?

If you want to enable the use of a platform's extensions, the easiest
way is to use the AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS macro (rather than
-D_GNU_SOURCE, as that only works for a subset of systems), prior to the
rest of your configure.ac that probes which extensions are now available.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266