On 05/29/2018 08:05 PM, Andy Armstrong wrote:
The problem you see here is that the version reports as ?K??.

Why could this be? My machine runs in the EBCDIC codepage and I am wondering if
this could be associated.

Very likely that this is related, if not the cause. However, I don't have access to an EBCDIC machine to debug things, so you'll probably have to do the debugging yourself.

Is there a configure / make option I need to add.

No, but then again, no one else has ever written this list stating that they are using autoconf on an EBCDIC machine. So there may be lots of things that need tweaking to work correctly.

I suppose you could start by running 'make check', and then pasting the testsuite.log of the failing tests, if that might contain hints of where things are going wrong.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266