----- Original Message -----

The thread even ends suggesting that people could just use bash instead:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2006-06/msg00111.html

Awesome catch.  Thanks.  Apparently I need to sharpen my search skills.

--
Kevin R. Bulgrien, Network/Software Engineer
Computer Systems Design, Inc dba Systems Design