I checked it out.  "fmt(1)" is buggy on bsd, or they are using a non-POSIX spec.
I am stripping out that reformatted text from the comparison for next release.
Until I put up another "pre", add the following line:

> sedcmd='/Note that.*is only useful/,/will be regenerated/d'

before the line that reads:

> compile "-?"

Given that I've run this many, many times on psp-fb1, I am surprised,
but oh, well.....