Hello,
 I noticed that in windows the help string of my program is something like:
   -v, --$s$s                 Output version information and exit
   -h, --$s$s                 Display extended usage information and exit

The offending code seems to be the string "--%2$s%1$s\0" in usage-txt.h
and the 2$ and 1$ operators. I couldn't quite get the logic in order to
simplify it, but if it could be avoided it would fix the --help option
on that system.

regards,
Nikos