Hello,
 It seems that in the 5.18.4 release the following changed in options.h:
-#define OPTIONS_STRUCT_VERSION      163842
+#define OPTIONS_STRUCT_VERSION      167936

Even if the struct options, has not changed since 5.18.3. The result of
this change is the check:

#define AO_TEMPLATE_VERSION 167936
#if (AO_TEMPLATE_VERSION < OPTIONS_MINIMUM_VERSION) \
 || (AO_TEMPLATE_VERSION > OPTIONS_STRUCT_VERSION)
# error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
  Choke Me.
#endif

to fail, and thus compilation of all .def that were generated with
5.18.3 to fail. The main issue there, is that on even on minor release
update of autoopts in my development system I need to update my bundled
libopts (and this requires quite some manual work). Is that intentional?

Most probably it would make sense to tie the STRUCT_VERSION to the major
version number rather than "vers-curr" which is currently set.

regards,
Nikos