Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
"Bruce" == Bruce Korb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> libopts tear off. The problem is that EXTRA_DIST in the Makefile.am
>> includes the directory 'autoopts' which I think it confuses into
>> beliving it should build a binary of the same name using autoopts.c

foo.c -> foo is a built-in rule in GNU Make.

Hi Alexandre,

One gets confused over whether one is speaking "automake" or "make"-ese.
Such an automated rule is useful when one is trying to work with
minimalist "Makefile"s, but once you start playing with "automake"
I don't think the term "minimalist" applies any more.  :-)  So, I'll
add some rule like:

    .c:
        @:

to the Makefile.am file and force it to leave things alone, yes?

Thanks - Bruce