On Sat, Dec 2, 2023, at 6:58 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 06 Apr 2023 21:29, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
>> Karl Berry wrote:
>> >     jb> a more thorough test would locate the autom4te script and grep it
>> >     for the perllibdir that was substituted when autoconf was
>> >     configured.
>> >
>> > I guess that would work.
>>
>> Challenge accepted.  Here's a refined version:
>
> this doesn't work on systems that wrap `autom4te`.  Gentoo for example wraps
> all autoconf & automake scripts to support parallel installs of different
> versions.  this way we can easily have access to every autoconf version.  we
> got this idea from Mandrake, so we aren't the only ones ;).
> what is the first autoconf release that has the fix ?
> -mike

2.71 does not have the fix. Can you please test the 2.72d beta that I just put
out
(see https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2023-11/msg00000.html)?

(yes, the version numbering for autoconf betas looks strange, it's a convention
that predates semver and I don't have time to argue with anyone about it)

zw