Zack Weinberg wrote:
On Mon, Dec 4, 2023, at 7:14 PM, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
Zack Weinberg wrote:
[snip everything addressed in the other thread]
Yes, there was a bit of confusion here; not only is the FileUtils
module synchronized between autom4te and automake

Thanks for reminding me that I need to make sure all those files are
actually in sync before I cut the final 2.72 release.

      require Time::HiRes;
      import Time::HiRes qw(stat);
I believe that the import is not actually necessary

The previous line is a "require", not a "use", so I believe it _is_
necessary.  Have I misunderstood?

... should do no harm as long as any use of stat in the code
is prepared to handle floating-point timestamps.

There's only one use, in 'sub mtime', and that's the place
where we actively want the floating-point timestamps.

Yes, before seeing your actual patch, I had the mistaken impression that this code was in autom4te itself, not the FileUtils module. The import is needed in the FileUtils module, so the patch is correct.

-- Jacob