Dne 8.2.2018 v 20:08 Yesuraj Abraham napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> Is there a documentation which describes how to integrate Jenkins so that I
> should be able to do
>
> 1.       Triggering the test from Jenkins
>
> 2.       View all the results in Jenkins
>

> For example, there are 3 machines that I would use
>
> 1.       Remote DUT (where the test runs)
>
> 2.       Linux host machine- which triggers the test using
> --remote-hostname option.
>
> 3.       A Jenkins server where Jenkins is installed
>

> I access the Jenkins via web interface, add Linux host machine as a node
> and I can run the test. However I don’t know how to populate all the
> results in Jenkins web interface

Hello Yasuraj,

we meant to write a simple howto:
https://trello.com/c/9zTcfa0v/904-add-avocado-based-solution-for-jenkins-solutions-for-python
 but had no time to actually do it yet. If you are a blog-person, it'd be nice
if you could take notes and create a guide :-)

As for me I'm using Avocado and Avocado-vt via `jenkins-job-builder` using
following templates:

Parameter:

```yaml
- parameter:
    name: avocado-run
    parameters:
        - node:
            name: NODE
            default-slaves:
                - "{machine}"
            allowed-multiselect: false
            ignore-offline-nodes: false
        - string:
            name: TESTS
            default: "{tests}"
        - string:
            name: EXTRA_PARAMS
            default: "{extra-params}"
        - string:
            name: GUEST_OS
            default: "{guest-os}"
```

Builder:

```yaml
- builder:
    name: avocado-run
    builders:
        - shell: |
            #!/bin/bash
            rpm -q qemu-kvm-rhev || rpm -q qemu-kvm || rpm -q kvm
            echo -n "kernel-"
            uname -r
        - shell: |
            #!/bin/bash -x
            unset AUTOTEST_PATH
            avocado run $EXTRA_PARAMS --xunit "$WORKSPACE/results.xml"
--job-results-dir "$WORKSPACE" --vt-guest-os "$GUEST_OS" --vt-arch
"{guest-arch}" --vt-machine-type "{vt-machine}" -- $TESTS
            ERR=$?
            [ -f "$WORKSPACE/results.xml" ] || {{ echo "Result file not found,
avocado exited with $ERR" ; exit -1; }}
```

Publisher:

```yaml
- publisher:
    name: avocado-run
    publishers:
        - archive:
            artifacts: latest/**/*
            latest-only: false
            allow-empty: true
        - junit:
            results: results.xml
        - email-ext:
            recipients: "{mailto}"
            content-type: text
            body: |
                ${{PROJECT_NAME}} - Build #${{BUILD_NUMBER}} - ${{BUILD_STATUS}}

                Results: ${{BUILD_URL}}testReport/(root)/

                $BUILD_LOG
            attach-build-log: false
            failure: false
            fixed: true
            improvement: true
            regression: true
```

But currently I'm slowly moving to pipeline, but the workflow is quite similar
(only with pipeline I can merge the results from multiple jobs/machines and
postprocess them before publishing).

For triggers I'm using daily, weekly and triggered by external events via
`curl`. In jjb it's quite simple to chain multiple jobs so my usual workflow is
"provision_machine(s)->compile_qemu->trigger_several_jobs" plus I have some
other jobs to recover in case of failure (eg. to try previous nightly build to
get at least some coverage). One snippet to reboot machine after provisioning
before running tests:

```
- job-template:
    name: "{name}-arm64-provision"
    builders:
        - shell: |
            # Update
            yum update -y
            # Update Avocado
            curl https://x.y.z/avocado-setup-internal.sh | sh -x
            # Make sure the node enables itself after reboot
            if [ ! -e "/usr/local/jenkins-enable-node.sh" ]; then
                # Add content of scripts/jenkins-enable-node.sh
                cat > /usr/local/bin/jenkins-enable-node.sh << \EOF
            #!/bin/bash
            curl -k
https://$USER:$to...@jenkins.example.org/computer/$(hostname)/api/json | grep
-q '"temporarilyOffline":true' && curl -k
https://$USER:$to...@jenkins.example.org/computer/$(hostname)/toggleOffline
--request 'POST'
            curl -k
https://$USER:$to...@jenkins.example.org/computer/$(hostname)/launchSlaveAgent
--request 'POST'
            EOF
                chmod +x /usr/local/bin/jenkins-enable-node.sh
            fi
            grep -q "jenkins-enable-node.sh" /etc/crontab || echo "@reboot root
/usr/local/bin/jenkins-enable-node.sh" >> /etc/crontab

            # Mark the node offline and reboot
            curl -k
https://$USER:$to...@jenkins.example.org/computer/$(hostname)/toggleOffline
--request 'POST' --data offlineMessage="Rebooting after update"

            # Print some useful info:
            echo -e "---< SYSTEM >---"
            rpm -qa | grep -e qemu -e libvirt -e libguestfs -e kernel | sort
            avocado --version
            shutdown -r +1
    publishers:
        - trigger-on:
            project: "{all-vt-machine-run-jobs}"
            condition: "SUCCESS"
```

For managing machines I use beaker controlled by script and I have machine
profiles pre-defined on jenkins. Anyway I experimented with executing the nodes
via jnlp which worked well as well but was not necessary in my case. I don't
use `--remote-hostname` Avocado feature as Jenkins has quite rich ways to
interact with target machines.

Note that I'm not a real CI guy, this setup is for our small checks. I'm ccing
our CI gurus, perhaps they'd be willing to share some tips and tricks.

Regards,
Lukáš