On May 30, 2012, at 9:24 AM, David Lonie wrote:

>> I think in this case, the treeview should be either empty (possibly
>> displaying some helpful message that the relevant data files could not
>> be found instead), or the menu item should be greyed out/not exist at
>> all.

I'll look into this. Naturally, there's a similar issue with the fragments
code, and shortly the polymer builder as well.

> Or, it wouldn't be to hard to add a variable to a configured header so that
> the extension could look in the source tree if the installed location doesn't
> exist. Geoff would know more about the extension, lets see what he thinks.

I think both things are important -- disable the menu item when no files are
available. My concern about the source tree is knowing where that is. I'm not
sure I want to compile-in the source directory. Should I know that it was
compiled by /home/mbanck/avogadro/... ?

-Geoff