We are very proud to announce the availability of Avogadro 1.1.1.

Avogadro is a free, open source, cross-platform molecular editor
designed for flexible use in computational chemistry, molecular
modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas.
Packages are available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The source
code source is available under the GNU GPLv2.

What does Avogadro do?
We've tried to make the best, most intuitive "builder," including
common fragments, downloading directly from PDB or PubChem, and
peptide sequences
Innovative "auto-optimize" tool which allows you to continue to build
and modify, during molecular mechanics optimization
Interfaces to many common computational packages
Designed to help both educational users and advanced research
Plugins that allow Avogadro to be extended and customized
Well defined public API, library and Python bindings for development
Embedded Python interpreter
Translations available in 19+ languages

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/avogadro/files/avogadro/1.1.1

What's New? See the Release Notes:
http://avogadro.openmolecules.net/wiki/Avogadro_1.1.1

For more information: http://avogadro.openmolecules.net/wiki/

If you use Avogadro please check out the recently published Avogadro
paper, and consider citing it: http://www.jcheminf.com/content/4/1/17

This is a community project and we couldn't have made this release
without you. Many thanks to all the contributors to Avogadro including
those of you who submitted feedback, bug reports, and code. Particular
thanks go to all the translators.