No worries, I don't know VASP input and so can't really comment on that. I
thought you were looking at other QM codes too? There are a number of codes
I would love to integrate with, and ways that we might extend input
generation, filters/workflows, or other aspects of Avogadro. You could work
on cleaning up some of the compiler warnings, I was planning to look at
some and also quieten some code that produces a lot of debug output.

I am not sure what directions you are most interested in, and so it is
tough to say. That is why we added a number of ideas to hopefully spark
inspiration but have left them intentionally open to being developed.
Quantum Espresso, CP2K, some of the newly open sourced QM codes, etc are
all tempting avenues, as is the more ambitious extension of capabilities
for MD. Geoff may have other ideas too, I am working on greater VTK
integration and there are a number of possibilities in that direction too.