Hi,

I wanted to let people on these lists know that we just made our first
beta release of Avogadro 2, along with MoleQueue and MongoChem. Please
see the blog post here,

http://blog.cryos.org/archives/265-First-Open-Chemistry-Beta-Release.html

We have created binary installers for Windows and Mac OS X, along with
regular source releases,

http://www.openchemistry.org/OpenChemistry/resources/software.html

These are not feature complete, and we intend to make regular releases
as new features land in master. There are several exciting new
features, along with some missing pieces that will be brought back as
we can get to them. I will work on making a screen cast highlighting
how the three applications can be used together soon, and discussing
some of the new features in more detail.

We have automated as much of the testing and release process as
possible, and will continue to streamline things. Binaries are
uploaded nightly to the dashboards for Windows and Mac, and API
documentation is updated nightly,

http://cdash.openchemistry.org/
http://doc.openchemistry.org/avogadrolibs/api/

Avogadro 2 also uses a different binary name, and library names,
meaning that there should be no problems in installing Avogadro 1 and
2 on the same system in the same prefixes. There is lots more to do
before, so I will get back to it, but I hope you will check out what
we have been working on. I will see if I can get some more of the
features you have grown to expect back in Avogadro 2.

Thanks,

Marcus