Hi,

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Randy Bin Lin <mumuwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all
>
> I noticed that avogadro is able to read in gaussian output file. can it read
> in its input file or is there a plan to do that? it will be very helpful with
> preparing a gaussian job.

I have never liked the asymmetry, but we have no current plans to add
readers. One of the issues is the variability of the input files,
although it wouldn't be that hard to add a reader to parse simple
input files. I remember speaking with Geoff about this many years ago
when I was a postdoc in his group about this - he may be able to
elaborate further.

Marcus