Rick,

It is the former (to/from Cartesian, corner cases), it was also in
progress as I moved between positions and I never got around to it. I
would welcome input on robust implementations, and can handle the
Avogadro side. I would gladly update the Avogadro 1.1 version, and am
eager to port this to Avogadro 2.

Thanks,

Marcus