I wish I could use Avogadro from the terminal, either Windows or Linux. I don’t
need GUI and actually need to use Avogadro as a file translator for 100K files
(approximately), avogadro reads my file properly and is able to save it as
smiles (as the test has shown), but I need somewhat like:

for file in folder…

I can write Python scripts as well, but I just don’t get it from the
instructions: a) how to start python console in Avogadro b) How to open file
and save it?

If it is a Python script I would do somewhat like:

import os

folderInp = “blablabla1”
folderOutp = “blablabla2”

for fileMol2 in os.listdir(folderInp):

        file = Avogadro.open(folderInp + fileMol2)
        newPath = folderOutp + fileMol2.split(‘.mol2’)[0] + ‘.smi'
        fileSave = Avogadro.save(“.smi”, file, newPath)

But I don’t know how to do that in Avogadro/with Avogadro?

Here is what I have ion settings:

And here’s what I have in the toolbox:

So there’s no Python Console. O_O

Thank you,