Hi Michael,

This usually means the force field files were not found. These are the
files at this location:
https://github.com/openbabel/openbabel/tree/master/data

I can think of two likely scenarios. Either

1: you don't have the files. Check your install location (probably
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avogadro). Open the bin folder and see if the force
field files are there.

2: if you do have the files, the force field files may not be loading if
Avogadro's runtime location is not in C:\Program Files (x86)\Avogadro\bin.
You can double click the Avogadro executable in C:\Program Files
(x86)\Avogadro\bin
And the force fields should work then. If you are using a shortcut, right
click it and select "properties" and make sure it says it is starting
in C:\Program
Files (x86)\Avogadro\bin and not C:\Program Files (x86)\Avogadro.

I tried setting it up to make sure we wouldn't run into either of those
problems. Perhaps I missed something, though. Did you create your own
shortcut?

Thanks,
Patrick