On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Tim Potter <thetimpot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you so much for your offer to help.  I'm happy to help user document
> avogadro when you get to that point.  I started trying avogadro 2 because
> avogadro 1 was not saving double bonds, and was also not aware that avogadro
> 1 had these extension capabilities.  I saved the file in CML which solved
> both issues - I was able to open the file in avogadro 2 and also the double
> bond information that was created in avogadro 1 displayed in avogadro 2.

I am glad this helped, CML saves bonding information whereas PDB has
only limited support.

> Great, thank you for offering guidance.  I used avogadro 1 to calculate the
> energy at [Energy = 9,515.9 kJ/mol].  The wiki does not detail exactly what
> is meant by this figure.  What is the context for the kJ/mol figure?

I think that is the energy calculated by Open Babel using a molecular
mechanics force field. You would need to use an input generator, and
run a quantum code if you wanted to get a more accurate number (that
would also be slower in general).