Hello,

I created an extension for Avogadro 1.2 which you can find  here
https://github.com/davethecipo/avogadro/commit/4d66df43e3e77c67dbe7354162e79118ffeaf51c.

It exports the indices of currently selected atoms (for example I found
it very useful for assigning different basis functions to different atom
groups in Gaussian calculations).

It works, but it has duplicated code for creating a window used to save
the text file. It may also have other problems since I'm not a
professional software developer.

I now would like to write another extension which exports the current
selection to a .xyz file.

I can obviously just keep the ugly code in my fork, but if some
developers or users think this could be useful to them too, I'd like to
contribute to mainline.

I'd like to ask the following:

1. Is avogadro 1.x still developed?
2. Would someone consider reviewing the code?

As a last thing, I am now running Gaussian optimizations on molecules in
a doublet configuration. By reading the mailing list archives and github
pull requests, it seems that reading beta orbitals from fchk files is
not a top priority. I understand this choice but I'd still like to ask
if there's any news on this.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

Davide Olianas