"Bruce D. Lightner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> While you are "testing", have you checked the code quality for the
> I/O "bit test" logic in avr-gcc v4.1.2?

Dmitry has taken responsibility for the math library code in avr-libc.
I don't think he'll be able to tell you much about GCC's code
generation...

Regarding your bit test pessimizations, it might be worth opening a
GCC bug report, but still, it would need some GCC developer to track
that down, and eventually fix it...  For the time being, I've seen
better results by turning bit tests into inline functions (return type
"bool").