Quoting Andrew Hutchinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

The bug with PR27364 testcase appears recent.

It fails with my 4.3 experimental copy 13/12/2007

Ok with avr-gcc (GCC) 4.2.2 (WinAVR 20071221)

This got me thinking: it would be really nice if we could setup an automated bisection test.

We could start with something like:

- known good revision: 117923 (gcc4.2 branch)
- known bad revision: 131704

This gives us 13781 revisions to test. By bisecting, we should be able to lock in on the offending patch in less than 14 attempts. A script that automated this bisection process (checkout middle revision, test it, mark good/bad) would be great to find what exectly caused specific regressions.

I may give it a try tomorrow,

--
Paulo Marques