Hello all,
I have interfaced flash memory to my mega64 and created a section for this
memory. I have some variables and two structures which are located in this
memory. Initially I defined the variables first and then the structure. After
linking I checked the map and list files and found that the first defined
variable occupied the first memory location and so on. Later I moved the
structure to the top and compiled again but this time the variables remained in
the same old order (the structure should have occupied the first byte onwards).
Why is this happening? If I need to put some variables in some fixed address in
this memory how can I do it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Parthasaradhi
Hyderabad