On 2016-07-21 20:15, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans wrote:
of "please get me values out of system .h files":

You can go quite some ways with grep

- egrep "define [A-Z]FUSE" /usr/avr/include/avr/*.h | grep can

    informs, for instance, about the values for EFUSE, HFUSE and
    LFUSE used for can parts

- grep "#define FUSE_BOOTSZ0" /usr/avr/include/avr/*.h

    for instance, provides you with the definition of BOOTSZ0.
    But you wont get away from investing some time to get
    knowledge about BV, ~ et cie - something you anyhow need for
    understanding how C is used for programming microprocessors.

I would certainly never use C for creating your file - an editor allowing to use regular expressions, or - much better - a short perl script, would allow to more or less automatically produce the file you need.

Good luck