On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:04:55 +0100
Joerg Wunsch <j...@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:

> As Paul "LeoNerd" Evans wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can have a string pointer to
> > a flash-stored string in a static initialiser?
>
> This only works by allocating each of the string into a variable
> (well, constant actually) in flash by itself, and then mention their
> names in the struct initializer.

Hrm; that's upsettingly annoying. Is there perhaps a way this can be
convinced into working? I generally dislike the untidiness of having to
define lots of things above the main array definition, just so I can
pull them in by name into it, and use that name nowhere else. Inline
things would be nicer there.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leon...@leonerd.org.uk      |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS