Follow-up Comment #15, bug #40831 (project avrdude):

Spare time is a costly thing ...

Having the patch in the tree means, more people using latest tree would test
it (consciously or not).

As I have already pointed in my previous post I have both Atmel and Olimex
devices. Primary avrdude usage is on Linux for ARM. The only Atmel controller
I'm using is Atmega 168pa (-p m168p) So let me know, if I can help with
testing.

Though it is not likely to happen any time soon, but converting the project to
git would be awesome. Alone patch creation via "git format-patch", "binary"
debugging via git bisect and of course git blame feature make git far more
appropriate for collaborative projects. No speaking about "tig" utility.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?40831>