I tried to do the first part of this today (I am on OS X and didn't want to
install everything for forrest yet).  I got this error message:

Sending        xdocs/credits.xml
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to
CHECKOUT request for
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/933317/hadoop/avro/site/author/content/xdocs/credits.xml'
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:
 '/Users/bruce/Development/svn.apache/avro/site/author/content/svn-commit.tmp'

I'm pretty sure that I used the right username and password on the command
line with svn.

Thoughts?

 - Bruce