At 1242731066 time_t, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> I marked this mail as "hey Uli, this sounds like a neat idea, why don't you
> implement this when you have the time". Find the patch attached.

Since you seems to have time :-) I'd have another suggestion for the
implementation for this patch. That should be done in at least 2 parts,
because currently, there's a "drawback" with opacity handling in
client also.

For clients, we store opacity and set it via window_opacity_set().
So far so good.

But if someone changes the opacity via something else like transset, our
internal value of opacity (in client_t) is... wrong.

So I suggest that:
1. you fix that for client: that's easy, you just need to add a watcher
   for _NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY in property.c and update client
   accordingly.
   To do things cleanly, you may need to split window_opacity_get in
   another function that does not send a GetProperty request (since you
  already that property reply when dealing with property handler in
  property.c)

2. you do the exact same thing for wiboxes; that means you do not need to
   use window_opacity_get, since it will be always up to date

I can provide help or deeper explanation if needed.
And I'd merge that into next.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou