On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:52:36AM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:
> [...]
> I don't think promptbox need a layout since there's only one widget
> inside the returned table.
> (same remark for the awful.widget.promptbox patch).
> [...]

Well, but that poses some usability problems. If we rely on the default
layout for the promptbox, it will always be placed at (0,0), i.e. it
will be aligned to the left edge of its available place. If a user now
wants his/her promptbox to be aligned to the right side of the available
place, they'd have to set the layout after creating the widget. This way
is just bit more user-friendly, I think.

> [...]
> Isn't there a way (you can say no) to merge the
> awful.widget.layout.default and the C code doing the same thing?
> (I ask because I can't think a way right now).
> [...]

If I could've, I would've :)
No really, I tried to come up with a way which isn't totally confusing,
but I couldn't think of anything. I'd say we leave it as it is, and if
someone finds a good way later, we can just remove
awful.widget.layout.default. As that's not supposed to be explicitly set
by users anyway, the patch would be relatively low impact.

Feedback welcome, once again :)

Btw.: have fun at the beach and don't let the jellyfish sting you :P

--
GCS/IT/M d- s+:- a--- C++ UL+++ US UB++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+ N+ o--
K- w--- O M-- V PS+ PE- Y+ PGP+++ t+ 5 X+ R tv+ b++ DI+++ D+++ G+

    Gregor Best