On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:16:33AM -0400, Andrei Thorp wrote:
> Excerpts from kAworu's message of Fri Aug 21 08:33:55 -0400 2009:
> > You might wanna check the latest version of http://hg.kaworu.ch/lua-mpd
> > which is able to connect to more than one MPD and handle
> > auto-reconnection and don't freeze since a while.
>
> I'm guessing he didn't know you actually have done more work on this. I
> suppose that's kind of my fault since I chose to use an older version
> and didn't tell him.
>
> > If you see a bug in a program it would have been kind of you to yield at
> > the author (which in this case is me). That's actually why there is an
> > e-mail address in the "200 lines licence header".
> >
> > I don't understand your "I hate that 200 lines BSD licence" and "let's
> > fork it rather than improving it" guys.
>
> It's a full rewrite. He didn't even look at your code for the first
> version he wrote, as far as I know. It's not a fork.
>
> Anyway, there isn't much wrong with kAworu's code, and I didn't really
> care one way or another whether it was rewritten or not. However, I do
> trust Psychon, he is constantly active and has rewritten tonnes of the
> Obvious code. I trust him to make good patches, and so on. It's
> familiarity, and it's nice to have that in a project. Not that your
> code's bad by any stretch of the imagination.
>
> Also, I know I'm being somewhat petty here, but Psychon's stuff just
> kind of fits better. He uses git like the rest of us do, has a license
> which we're comfortable with, and hangs out with farhaven and I all the
> time.
>
> So I'm sorry on behalf of us that we've offended you in doing this, and
> sorry that Uli was a bit "rude" in what he said. But if you know him,
> you know that he's just a guy that likes to joke like that. He tells
> farhaven and I all the time that he just wrote better code than us, or
> that ours is good but his is perfect. I guess you have to know him a bit
> to see that he teases this way. Sorry.
>
> Take Care.
>
> --
> Andrei Thorp, Developer: Xandros Corp. (http://www.xandros.com)

I think you're missed my point:

- If you're nice and you find a bug in a program, report it the the
  author.

- If you're nice and you use someone's code (the code in my previous
  email show that obviously some part has been copy/pasted), you ack (at
  least) the copyright.

- If you're nice, writing good code doesn't imply you behave like an
  asshole (because you're nice).

I don't care if my lib is in obvious or not and why, or if someone
rewrite it or whatever. That's only a bunch of bytes. I'm not talking
about technical issue or programming stuff.
I'm not angry and I don't expect appologies or something. I just wanted
him to know. It is not nice. Period.

Regards,
Alex.