On 11.04.2014 11:30, Gregor Best wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:20:07AM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>> [...]
>> could you please stop reporting bugs *after* a new release?
>> [...]
>
> What about making a small announcement something like a week or two
> before actually releasing?
>
> Could be as simple as "Guys, there's a new release ready, please check
> it out and report issues. It will go live in two weeks if there's
> nothing serious".

As if anyone would actually test those...

We have those RCs before major releases, e.g.:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.awesome/9581
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.awesome/9618

This resulted in some less important reports, e.g. FreeBSD has a too old GLib
version. However, remember the shitstorm when 3.5 was released and people
actually started trying to use it? "OMG it's unusably slow"

Uli

P.S.: A week ago I mentioned on IRC that I'd do a new release. AFAIK this is why
Emmanuel submitted his two patches.
--
Do Not Touch The Jellyfish! Get Me To The Hosp Immediately