> Lot's of graphs and progressbars, I guess. And running my main instance under
> valgrind isn't really an option to me, that's just way too awfully slow. :(

>> Of course if you're not familiar with the code this will be tricky, but it's
>> probably the best way to hunt down these types of issues.
>
> *chuckle*

Well another option would be to disable all your progress bars and see if the
leak rate changes.  If you then add back lots of one type of progress bar you
might be able to narrow down the leak to a particular component.

Also don't forget if you're launching external scripts and things the leak
could be happening outside of Awesome.

FWIW mine seems to have increased since yesterday though:

 3357 adam      20   0  375m 192m  13m S    0  2.4  10:56.14 awesome

I don't have any widgets running besides the defaults.

Cheers,
Adam.