Am 10.02.2011 18:27, Matt Young wrote:
> Both the Beautiful Themes page[1] as well as the user contributed config
> files[2] pages are somewhat out of date. Both pages have broken links,
> missing screen shots, and in the case of the theme page - themes that aren't
> actually lua code. Links to git repositories/screenshots are often broken.
>
> Configuring awesome is not a trivial task. Things break easily. It would be
> helpful if the example themes/user configs in the wiki were kept up to date,
> and broken links and themes be removed or fixed. A lot of the stuff links to
> personal git repositories that no longer exist (or have been moved). Can we
> join forces and clean up this part of the wiki?

Hi,

the problem is that everybody comes by and just dumps his newest creation and
never looks back again. I once tried to do some clean up, but people won't like
it when you remove their newest change. So after a while I just went back to
breaking user's rc.lua again. ;)

Anyway, it would be great if you did some cleanup on the wiki.

> Also, it would be extremely useful to have people post .xdefault files, as
> well as color schemes that people are using with themes for completeness.

Won't that just be more stuff that might get outdated? And for .Xdefaults it
might be hard to actually explain what they are doing. Instead it might be
better to add individual "nice stuff" that one can add to his .Xdefaults instead
of a whole file. And by this time I'm not sure how much awesome-related this
still us, but meh...

Uli
--
- Buck, when, exactly, did you lose your mind?
- Three months ago. I woke up one morning married to a pineapple.